The Amazing Underwater Forest of Lake Kaindy
What makes Lake Kaindy truly remarkable is that it contains an underwater forest. Visible on the lakes surface are the tall, dried-out tops of submerged Spruce trees that rise above the water’s surface like the masts of sunken ships. They are the only sign of the amazing frozen forest below the water’s surface.
The water is so cold (even in summer the temperature does not exceed 6 degrees) that the pine needles remain on the trees, even after a hundred years of being submerged. During the winter, the lake freezes and becomes a popular spot for ice diving.
The lake is 400 meters long and is located in Kazakhstan’s portion of the Tian Shan Mountains, about 129 km from the city of Almaty. The lake was created after an earthquake in 1911 triggered a large landslide blocking the gorge and forming a natural dam.
This sums it up.
Valay Shende, Gun of Counter Revolution, 2007, detail, nickel plated embossed metal discs, 107 x 237 x 29cm
May 20, 1990: Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson’s remarkable Kenyon College commencement address on creative integrity.
Thank you, Bill Watterson.
He is trying to explain that not getting laid (incel means involuntary celibate) is a violation of his civil rights and a grossly overlooked injustice. He is completely serious. This is his blog.
what a fucking creepy fucker
Oh my fucking GOD. What an entitled little douche.
“BEING WITHOUT A RELATIONSHIP AND SEX AGAINST YOUR WILL FOR OVER 6 MONTHS” cry me a river
what is that civil rights analogy even
Dear guys who don’t understand why women are often cagey around you:
These men walk among you and are indistinguishable from you until it’s too late.
From his About Me: “I want to share the idea that governments have to help people get partners.”
Suddenly, in a totally unrelated coincident, I have a brilliant and terrifying idea for a new dystopian fiction setting.
OH MY GOD. I cannot with Nice Guys™ like this. FUCK.
I’ll try to contain my rage with a nice numbered list of why he is SO fucking wrong. Ahem.
- Women are often single too, even when they don’t want to be. Nobody is entitled to a relationship with anyone. Period.
- Comparing women to restaurants is disgusting and objectifying. Stop.
- Comparing the civil rights movement to you not getting laid is also disgusting. Stop that too.
- You may not like being single, but that is not, in any way shape or form, oppression.
- You are probably single “against your will” because you view women as restaurants that have an obligation to service you.
- If we really wanted to help people who felt depressed because they were single, a big step would be teaching them that they don’t need a relationship to be validated and happy, NOT trying to match people up with tax money (honestly, I read it twice, and I still don’t know exactly what it is that you’re proposing).
- You clearly have a warped view of women, the civil rights movement, and oppression and you are awful. STAHP.
As was mentioned before, things like this are a big reason women have trouble trusting men. The predators, the Nice Guys™, the creeps, the guys who feel entitled to women, they’re all out there, masquerading as decent dudes.
reblogging because the “easily imaginable state of being without a relationship and sex against your will for over 6 months” is not oppression, and it’s really telling that there are dudes out there who assume this is oppression for them and other dudes (clearly women, non-binary folk, and gay men are not allowed to have this issue), and further more, oppression on a level akin to that of civil rights, apparently.
the amazing installation work of Do Ho Suh
Nobody will stop you from creating. Do it tonight. Do it tomorrow. That is the way to make your soul grow - whether there is a market for it or not! The kick of creation is the act of creating, not anything that happens afterward. I would tell all of you watching this screen: Before you go to bed, write a four line poem. Make it as good as you can. Don’t show it to anybody. Put it where nobody will find it. And you will discover that you have your reward.
Page 1 of 64